Panola County Solid Waste
P.O. Box 1548
Batesville, MS 38606

Payments Option

  • Cash
  • Checks
  • Money Orders
  • Credit/Debit (Master Card, Visa)
  • Bank Drafts (Drafts on the 15th of every month. You must fill out and sign a form in the County Administrator’s office and provide a voided check.)

Service Questions

  • (662) 563-6225 for replacement cans or pick up questions
  • (662) 563-6200 to START or STOP service. (Disconnect Notice from TVA or Entergy is required to stop service.)
  • Fax: (662) 563-6237
  • We must be notified when you move from any location.

Back Door Service

We offer back door service to any customer that is unable to pull the can to the end of the driveway. You MUST provide an excuse from your doctor and sign a form in the County Administrator’s office before the service will start.


  • Monthly Rates
    • 1 can – $12.00
    • 2 cans – $24.00
    • 3 cans – $36.00
  • We offer a yearly rate of $132.00 (1 can) which does include one month free.
  • Commercial Rates
    • 1 can – $15.00
    • 2 cans – $24.00
    • 3 cans – $33.00
  • $1 late fee for any account that is not paid by the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on a weekend, you have until the end of the next business day to pay.
  • $40 deposit for ALL new accounts.

Hearing Officer

For any customer that wants to dispute their bill and cannot provide the Clerk with an electric disconnect notice, can come before the hearing officer and provide him with other documents such as mail, tax returns, check stubs, ect. He only comes every 3rd Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. If you are not there by 9:00 a.m. you will have to wait until the next month.

Rental Propery

We suggest property owners leave the account in their name and include the garbage fee in the renter’s rent. If the renter does not pay the bill, it becomes the PROPERTY OWNER’S responsibility and we can flag your tag. If the account is set up in the renter’s name and the renter moves and the lights are still on, the account will automatically be set up in the PROPERTY OWNER’S name.