New Home Construction

new house

All residential construction shall be permitted by Panola County. A minimum of one (1) acre lot size is required. All contractors shall be licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors. MS State Board Of Contractors 

New residential wastewater disposal systems (SEWER SYSTEM) require MS State Dept. of Health permit. Follow this link to apply: MSDH Wastewater Application

Existing residential wastewater disposal systems (SEWER SYSTEM) will be inspected for compliance by Panola County, unless applicant request Dept. of Health inspection

Local Licensed Wastewater Installers

Documents Needed To Purchase A Building Permit:
1.  Copy of Property Deed.
2.  Copy of Building Plans.
3.  Check or Cash According to Fee Schedule.

Temporary electrical service will be authorized with permit application.
Permanent electrical service will be authorized upon final inspection.

If ENTERGY is your service provider, you will need to provide your account number. ENTERGY 
If TVEPA is your service provider a release will be sent after final inspection TVEPA

Permit Fee Schedule

Residential Inspection Schedule

Current Adopted Codes 2012 International Residential Building Code